Why Have A Sleep Study:
- You have symptoms of sleep apnea, particularly excessive snoring and daytime sleepiness.
- A sleep study performed in a qualified sleep lab is the best method for diagnosing sleep apnea.
- Correct diagnosis leads to early treatment of OSA that can reduce your symptoms and risk for complications such as high blood pressure, high blood pressure in the lungs (pulmonary hypertension, depression, irregular heart rhythms, heart failure, coronary artery disease and stroke.
- A complete sleep test can rule out other sleep related problems such as narcolepsy or restless leg syndrome.
- NO risks are involved in undergoing a sleep study
Common Signs of Sleep Apnea:
- Habitual Snorer
- High Blood Pressure
- Memory Problems
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Stop Breathing for Seconds when Asleep
Sleep apnea is a serious, potentially life altering health issue that may lead to life threatening conditions such as heart attacks and strokes. Earlier diagnosis and treatment of this condition is extremely important.Aqueel Kouser, M.D., Sleep Disorders Center Medical Director